DEXRON®-VI shifts the paradigm for Automatic Transmission Fluids
Introducing the next generation of Automatic Transmission Fluid. DEXRON®-VI is the new standard over former DEXRON®-III fluids. DEXRON®-VI delivers:
DEXRON®-VI improves transmission life
- twice the service life of DEXRON®-III under normal driving conditions
- more consistent shift performance under all driving conditions
- enhanced performance in new and older transmissions
- the potential for improved fuel economy
DEXRON®-VI has improved oxidation, thermal and shear stability to provide extra protection under severe service conditions. Its enhanced anti-foam control, anti-wear protection and low temperature fluidity protects parts such as bearings, bushings and gears.
Twice the life of DEXRON®-III
Under normal service operation, DEXRON®-III needs to be changed every 160,000 kms (100,000 miles). DEXRON®-VI has been shown to last over 320,000 kms (200,000 miles). It provides an extended service life through:
- durability of frictional properties
- improved film strength and wear control
- outstanding thermal and oxidative stability
- enhanced shear stability
DEXRON®-VI is completely back-serviceable in all DEXRON®-III and -IIE applications
Developed through a collaboration with General Motors
A joint effort between General Motors (GM), Afton Chemical Corporation and Petro-Canada, DEXRON®-VI was developed for GM’s Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed transmission. DEXRON®-VI is now the global factory fill fluid of choice for all General Motors automatic transmissions.
DEXRON®-VI is the next generation of automatic transmission fluids
DEXRON® is a registered trademark of General Motors LLC.
Request a quote
Ask for a quote on one of Petro-Canada’s greases, oils or fluids