Help minimize power loss and maximize productivity with LUMINOL
Petro-Canada’s LUMINOL™ family of electrical insulating fluids can help you minimize power loss and maximize productivity. LUMINOL fluids withstand energy spikes and hot and cold weather extremes better than naphthenic electrical insulating oils. Their naturally high oxidation stability resists breakdown longer and helps provide extended service life, resulting in less maintenance and top-up.
LUMINOL health and safety benefits
- LUMINOL transformer fluids are inherently biodegradable, free of carcinogenic polynuclear aromatics (PNAs) and virtually non-toxic
- Can help reduce community concerns about transformer oil toxicity, spill liability and disposal costs
Find the right LUMINOL solution for our operation
For Type I and Type II applications. Offers the added safety of negative gassing technology, and improved low temperature performance.
- Negative gassing to reduce the risk of failure from hydrogen gas bubbles
- Improved low temperature properties (CSA-C50 Class A)
- For use in large power and distribution transformers operating at peak capacity:
- LUMINOL TR for Type I applications
- LUMINOL TRi for Type II applications
- Also for use in free-breathing units, pad mount, and pole mount transformers
- Excellent heat transfer characteristics and oxidation stability
- High dielectric impulse strength and low power-factor (dielectric loss) for improved performance under severe conditions
- Full compatibility with existing naphthenic insulating oils
European Tech Data available here.
Request a quote
Ask for a quote on one of Petro-Canada’s greases, oils or fluids